Volunteering can be personally rewarding and helps you ‘give something back’ to your community. Volunteers can choose from many different opportunities.
What volunteering is
Volunteering is giving your time to help someone else or a cause you care about, simply because you want to and without expecting payment.
Lots of people engaged in voluntary work might not consider themselves as volunteers. They may see themselves as ‘just helping out’ or ‘lending a hand’. The list of things that volunteers do is almost endless.
Reasons to volunteer
Volunteering helps you make new friends, increases your confidence and lets you play a part in your community. It can also give you a better chance of getting paid work, improving your career prospects or getting a place at the university by helping you to:
- learn new skills
- practice the skills you have
- build your confidence
- discover new hobbies and interests
- meet people who can help you find paid work
- include volunteering experience on your CV
- show employers you can keep regular hours and handle commitment
- have things to talk about in a job interview
- get references
Other benefits of volunteering include:
- having fun doing something you’ve never tried before
- a sense of satisfaction and achievement
- the opportunity to make new friends with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
Fill out the volunteer form on right/below, we will contact you as soon as we receive it. We hope to see you in our team. 🙂
Volunteer Registration Form
Fill out the volunteer form below, we will contact you as soon as we receive it. We hope to see you in our team. 🙂